24x7 Direct Alarm System for Private & Public buildings
Installation of Dubai Civil Defence 24x7 Direct Alarm System in all public and private buildings and establishments in Dubai, is a mandatory requirement laid down by law No 24 of 2012. With the system in place, Dubai Civil Defence will be able to monitor buildings in real time for life and safety alarms. E-monitoring of this magnitude will strengthen the safety infrastructure of the city to increase safety measures. From the Souks of Old Dubai to the iconic sky scrapers, Dubai Civil Defence will be able to effectively protect the city’s national wealth and the people who move in and around it. Using state of the art M2M technology, every building and asset within Dubai, both government and privately owned, will be monitored for fire, lift and emergency alarms 24x7. Under the visionary leadership of H. H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, Dubai Civil Defence is a dynamic and motivated organization
- 24x7 monitoring for life and safety alarms
- Accurate & timely reporting
- Early notification of an emergency
- Coordinating of emergency services including fire brigade, police and medical services
- Supplying Civil Defence with a pre-existing information database of the building containing shortest route to the building, the number of levels, emergency entrance and exits, surrounding buildings, hazardous materials inside the building and nearest water supply point. This allows Civil Defence to choose suitable equipment for every accident allowing them to respond more effectively
- A range of alarm signals sent via the system to Civil Defence, including fire alarm, elevator alarm, emergency alarm, safety equipment malfunction, power interruption, low water level in reservoirs, water pump malfunction and gas leakage alarm
- Regular testing of fire-fighting equipment such as fire pumps are coordinated from the control room to ensure that systems are live and active
The Direct Alarm System is installed in a building and links with the command control center at Dubai Civil Defence. Using remote-communication technologies such as GPRS and GPS, the system monitors the building in real time, 24 hours a day, and continually exchanges data and information regarding the building’s emergency status.
In the event of fire, lift, pump or emergency breakdown, a critical alarm signal is sent to the command control center automatically. The system also sends signals if any safety system is out of order. A screen in the monitoring room coupled with individual operating workstations at Dubai Civil Defence displays the building location, the identified problem, details of an evacuation plan, different routes to approach the building, important contact details and the nearest fire station. In addition to the building, Civil Defence also monitors their vehicles’ location to identify the nearest vehicle. Operators are then able to respond appropriately by dispatching the relevant emergency services, equipment and fire fighting vehicles.
Let’s join hands
By joining hands, you, the people of Dubai and Dubai Civil Defence can make your city a safer place for everyone.
The Dubai Civil Defence team will visit your premises for a detailed survey of the site and send you the subscription form with details of steps to follow
For more information about the 24x7 Direct Alarm System for Homes, please email us at DCD24x7@dcd.gov.ae or call us at Tel: +971 4 705 2312, +971 4 886 9025