SPECIFICATION FOR LIFE SAFETY ALARM MONITORING
Category – 1
Dubai Civil Defence has made a commitment to enhance Life Safety and National Security in Dubai by implementing a 24x7x365 Remote Monitoring System (RMS).
RMS will detect and report alarms in real time from Fire and Fire Fighting Systems, Lift and Gas detection systems in residential, domestic, commercial and industrial buildings.
The project includes the entire Emirate of Dubai and covers every type of buildings right from Warehouses to high rise buildings. Project will be using state of the art technology (M2M) to automatically send alarm signals in case of emergency. Information including exact details on alarm location and status will be provided to DCD for immediate response.
The buildings/sheds are divided into different categories. The specifications for Buildings/sheds falling within Category 1 are as follows:
Buildings with gross area less than 5000 sq ft and with any of the following parameters and having a fire alarm panel are specified as Category-1
- Single Room Commercial Establishments
- Single Storey Buildings
- Double Storey Buildings
Small industrial sheds (e.g. Warehouse/factories etc.) less than 5000 sq ft without hazardous material storage.
Subscriber should provide a single Interface Panel for interfacing to the Dubai Civil Defence monitoring panel. The Interface Panel shall have the following capability.
- Separate Volt free contacts (VFC) for the following points. The state of the VFC should ideally be Closed (NC) during normal condition and Open (NO) during alarm condition.
- Common Fire Alarm within the building
- Common Fire Alarm System Fault.
- Proper terminals for connectivity.
- 230VAC power supply terminals within the interface panel.
- Proper electrical earth.
- Interface panel should be located next to proposed place of installation of Civil Defence alarm panel.
- Containment till the Location of Civil Defence alarm panel.
Interface Panel Location
The Interface Panel should be located next to the Dubai Civil Defence Alarm Panel location. The location shall be based as per following
- There shall be excellent GPRS signal coverage at the location.
- The location should be on any floor on or above the ground floor.
- Location shall be within the building and not outside
- The panel shall be easily accessible
Dubai Civil Defence Panel Location
Proper space shall be provided for the Dubai Civil Defence Panel Location within the building as per the following
- A minimum space of 800mm X 800mm X 500mm shall be provided.
- The space shall be provided on the wall at least 1.5 mtrs above floor level
- The space shall be provided next to the Interface Panel within a maximum distance of 2 mtrs.
- The location shall have excellent GPRS signal coverage.
- All Contractors/Building Owners to subscribe at DCD counter.
- Survey will be conducted within 7 working days of date of subscription.
- Building category will be decided after survey.
- The subscriber will need to rectify all snags identified during survey within 48 hrs.
- Subscriber will make the payments at DCD cash counter.
- For multi-tenanted industrial sheds/building with common fire alarm panel, the subscription charges will be borne by the owner. Tenant need to produce the photocopy of the receipt towards payments of subscription charges, duly endorsed by the owner. Owner’s endorsement will be considered as acceptance of owner towards tenant’s area being covered by the centralized fire alarm system.
- Individual tenants with their own fire alarm system will pay for the subscription charges as per determined category.
- It is mandatory that Industrial sheds with hazardous materials should have a separate panel for the area of the storage.
- Depending upon the type of material stored, multi tenanted industrial sheds might be required to install a separate Fire alarm panel and it will be at the sole discretion of Dubai Civil Defence.
This document is only a guideline. Depending upon the size, location and utilities of a property, Dubai Civil Defence has the discretion of advising the systems to be installed for the safety of life and property. Accordingly the property can consider in a Category at the sole discretion of Dubai Civil Defence.